This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I could seriously have chicken every single day and be a happy girl. It is just one of those ingredients that can be used a zillion and one delicious ways and I never get tired of it. Like with these BBQ Chicken Bites I whipped up the other day.
I had a serious hankering for BBQ chicken, but needed a recipe that would work as an appetizer for a get together. I felt completely inspired to get busy in the kitchen to meet both of those needs – mine for that BBQ chicken flavor while making an appetizer for the group.
Truthfully, I think I was being just a bit selfish.
Normally, when I’m making food for groups, I always think about all of the other people who will be there. But this time, I was craving the flavors of bacon, chicken, and BBQ and I knew just what I wanted to make to answer it.
These BBQ Chicken Bites.
They are so simple to make, but boy howdy do they taste out of this world.
I started with frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts and partially defrosted them in the microwave for about a two minutes at 50% power, until they were easy to cut into 1-inch bite sized pieces. Then, I wrapped them in bacon, slathered them with BBQ sauce and baked them in the oven for 20 minutes, turned them over, brushed them with more sauce, and baked them for another 20 minutes until they were just right.
By the looks of the serving platter after I served them, everyone must have had the same craving I did.
Here’s the recipe for my BBQ Chicken Bites. They are perfect for serving over the holidays, game days, or just because you’ve got a craving. Promise.
BBQ Chicken Bites Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound bacon cut in half
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce your favorite
- toothpicks or skewers
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Wrap each cube of chicken with a piece of bacon. Secure with toothpick or skewer and brush with BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn chicken skewers and brush other side with more BBQ sauce. Bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Make-ahead Tip: BBQ Chicken Bites can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator in a ziptop bag for up to 3 days. To reheat, remove from the plastic bag, place onto a baking sheet and reheat in a 275 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until completely warmed.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!