I’m bringing another delicious recipe your way that works as an appetizer or even as a light lunch. Either way, you are going to absolutely love these Buffalo Chicken Potstickers. I mean, gah! How could you possibly not!
The idea of these babies came to me the other afternoon as I was driving from one place to the next running errands. It was about 5:30 in the afternoon and I passed by so many of the popular restaurants in my little town and noticed something.
There were a whole bunch of cars parked at a restaurant that only sells buffalo wings. Like, that’s the only thing besides french fries (to go with the wings) tea and soft drinks that you can buy.
There are about four tables in there for eating, but most people simply pick up trays of his wings to take with them. He always has a line out the door, even though people call ahead for orders.
Even though his personality doesn’t match, the popularity reminds me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld. Remember him?
I also noticed that the parking lot of our local Asian restaurant was full as well. I giggled and thought, now if those two got together, there wouldn’t be an empty seat in the house.
Hello, Buffalo Chicken Potstickers!
So, I whirled my car into the parking lot for my grocery store and picked up a package of Wonton wrappers to try out my idea. I knew my husband of all people would tell me what he thought. We have a couple of classifications for recipes around my house, so I couldn’t wait to hear which one he gave it.
1. Okay – that means, make it again if we’re starving.
2. Umm, no – that means, never make this again in my lifetime.
3. a keeper – that means, it’s good and I’d like to eat that regularly.
4. Blog-worthy – that is the highest qualification he can give anything I cook.
With one bite, he looked up at me and said, “these are definitely blog-worthy!”
So, here you go.
From my afternoon of running errands to you.
Buffalo Chicken Potstickers.
You need ’em.
You’d be amazed at where some of my recipe ideas come from.
Running errands seems pretty sedate.
Here’s the recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Potstickers Recipe
- Combine first four ingredients (through salt and pepper) in a large bowl. Place 1 tablespoon of buffalo chicken mixture into the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush water along all edges of wonton wrapper for sealing. Bring two corners of wrapper together in a point and then seal edges of wrapper closed. Form filled wrapper into a crescent at the bottom to help the potsticker stand during and after cooking. Place on a baking sheet covered with a damp towel to prevent wrappers from drying out before cooking.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add 10-12 wrappers to the skillet at a time and cook for two minutes. Then, pour chicken stock into skillet and cover with a lid. Allow to cook for two more minutes.
- Remove lid and remove potstickers from skillet. Place onto a baking sheet and keep warm in a 225 degree oven until all potstickers are ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
I served my Buffalo Chicken Potstickers with this Bleu Cheese Dip!
I can’t wait to hear how you like these. They are perfect for entertaining for the holidays or game days. But, I warn you. They disappear quickly!