This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pulled pork is serious business here in the south and this Chipotle Root Beer Pulled Pork recipe is out of this world delicious. Even the pickiest of pulled pork connoisseurs will love it.
But you know, as serious as some people take pulled pork around here, this really is about as simple of a recipe as you can get.
Thankfully, the slow cooker does all the work for you. You simply add a few ingredients, set the timer, and sit back and relax. Or, if you are like me, you attempt to catch up on laundry and all the other eleven-billionty other things you have on your to-do list that haven’t been checked off yet.
I think I like the relax idea a whole lot better.
I love that this chipotle root beer pulled pork recipe only includes three ingredients, too. Talk about the simplest! But, be prepared for the most amazing smells coming from your kitchen all day long. Likewise, if you are out of the house all day, you’ll be pleasantly greeted as you open the door. Just grab a few rolls or buns, crisp a few onion slices if you like but you totally can skip that part, and dig in.
Here’s my spicy Chipotle Root Beer Pulled Pork Recipe. Make it soon! You’ll love it.
Chipotle Root Beer Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder
- 1 (12-ounce) can root beer
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Place pork shoulder into slow cooker and pour in root beer. Cook on low setting for 8 hours or until pork shreds easily when pulled with two forks. Drain all but ½ cup root beer from slow cooker.
- Pour can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce into blender and blend for about 10 seconds. Pour into the slow cooker with the pork and stir to combine well.