Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites make a quick snack recipe! Made of just three ingredients, this simple treat is healthy and delicious!
It’s that time of the year when everything is just hot and sticky. That’s when I generally love to turn to frozen treats that don’t require a whole lot of effort to throw together and are great to keep on hand for a quick grab and go treat. These little chocolate dipped banana bites are perfect just for that reason!
In just a few minutes and with minimal ingredients, I can have these banana bites dipped and ready to place in the freezer. Then, after about 15 more minutes in the freezer, they are ready to be enjoyed. Talk about a family-friendly treat!
I love to use little cocktail skewers like I use for appetizers with these so that they are even easier to dip, serve and eat. Of course, if you don’t have these skewers on hand or prefer not to use them, just dip your banana slices into the chocolate using a spoon or fork and then place onto the parchment paper.
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites
- Slice bananas and place slices onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes at 50% power. Remove from the microwave and stir together until smooth and well combined.
- Dip each frozen banana slice into the melted chocolate and then return it to the baking sheet. Place the banana bites back into the freezer for 15 minutes. Serve frozen.
How to Store Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites
Once they’ve flash frozen in the freezer, you can easily place them into an airtight, freezer-safe container to store for even longer. I would recommend placing a piece of parchment paper between layers of the bites.
Here’s the recipe for these Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites. I hope you enjoy them!
Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Slice bananas into bite size slices, about 1/2 inch. Place cocktail pick into each slice and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes on 50%. Stir until smooth. Remove banana slices from freezer, dip each slice in melted chocolate, and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Place in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve frozen.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.