Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars make a delicious dessert or sweet treat.
These Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars make a wonderful dessert for so many special occasions – St. Patrick’s Day comes to mind for an upscale, yet so simple dessert, Easter, summer picnics, and yes, even those showers we’ll be hosting throughout the spring and summer. But really, who am I kidding? These are perfect in the middle of the week, just because you want to make something special for your family, too.
Coconut and lime makes one of my favorite flavor combinations. Bright and oh so tropical, it is a delicious treat anytime of the year, but especially when you are thinking of warmer weather. One bite and I’m immediately transported to sunnier days where flip flops and sandals replace my warm Ugg boots.
While I’m not exactly ready to give up an evening fire in my fireplace, having a piece of these Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars along with a warm cup of coffee as I’m toasty warm by the fire, is pretty much the best of both worlds.
Here’s how I make them.
Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flake coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make crust: Mix together graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, melted butter, and salt. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- To make cheesecake filling: Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until well combined. Add in lime zest, lime juice and vanilla and cream together until smooth. Add in the eggs, one at a time, combining completely before adding the next egg. Stir in coconut flakes. Spread over graham cracker crust mixture.
- Bake for about 30 to 45 minutes. Let cool on wire rack and refrigerate.