This easy Rotel Dip recipe is so quick and delicious and makes the most amazing cheese dip perfect for any occasion! Seasoned hamburger, creamy cheese, and flavorful Rotel tomatoes quickly come together for a crowd-favorite appetizer everyone loves!
A favorite throw-back dip recipe from my high school years (that was a minute ago!), this Rotel Dip has been around for years. It is no wonder that it continues on as a favorite go-to recipe year after year. It is so delicious, so easy, and so versatile!
Table of Contents
How to Make Easy Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
Just four ingredients are needed to make this incredibly easy dip recipe.
- Ground beef – my family prefers this dip with ground beef. You can also use ground sausage or a blend of the two.
- Taco seasoning – I love to add a bit of taco seasoning to this easy dip recipe to give it a bit more flavor.
- Rotel tomatoes – a can of the original Rotel tomatoes with green chilies gives this dip its signature flavor and name!
- Cheese – The traditional Rotel dip recipe I began making in my teens was made with Velveeta cheese that was cut into cubes. You can with cream cheese, if you prefer.
Brown your meat and then add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and cook until the cheese has melted, stirring often. Remove from the heat, transfer to a serving container (if you want to), and serve with tortilla chips.
Slow Cooker Cheese Dip!
This easy cheese dip is a game day and an entertaining favorite! Prep it ahead, pour it into a slow cooker, and keep it on the warm setting while entertaining!
To store. Store leftover Rotel dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop and serve.
To make ahead. Prepare the dip, cool, and store in an airtight container. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove and serve.
To freeze. You can freeze this dip! Allow to cool completely, pour into an airtight, freezer-safe container, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, heat in the microwave or on the stove, and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! See my tip above for Slow Cooker Cheese Dip for an entertaining favorite!
You can. I prefer to use homemade taco seasoning, but you certainly can use your favorite store-bought taco seasoning packet here!
Here’s my version of the Easy Rotel Dip recipe I’ve been making for *cough* years! I hope you love it, too!
Easy Rotel Dip Recipe (4 Ingredients!)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Brown the ground beef. Add the ground beef to the skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook until browned throughout and no pink remains. Drain the meat of any excess drippings.
- Make the dip. Add the taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes, and cubed Velveeta cheese to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve. Pour into serving container and serve.
Storage TipsTo store. Store leftover Rotel dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop and serve. To make ahead. Prepare the dip, cool, and store in an airtight container. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove and serve. To freeze. You can freeze this dip! Allow to cool completely, pour into an airtight, freezer-safe container, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, heat in the microwave or on the stove, and serve.
Slow Cooker Rotel Cheese DipPrep the cheese dip and transfer to a slow cooker on the warm setting. This allows you to serve the cheese dip and keep it warm while entertaining.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.