Grandmother’s Chicken Casserole
I loved to visit my Grandmother’s house in the afternoons to help her prepare dinner. A treasured heirloom of mine is the handwritten notebook she made for me as a wedding gift containing her favorite recipes.
I am sharing with you her Chicken Casserole.
Grandmother was a true southern lady who took care of her family with delicious food and was quick to share a meal with those in the community and church who were sick, welcomed a baby, or just needed some help. This was one of the meals that she shared quiet often. Her chicken casserole recipe is easy to prepare, easy to travel, and easy to freeze.
On top of all that… it’s delicious!
No wonder everyone loved my Grandmother so much!
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 8 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1 stick butter
- Boil 8 chicken breasts. Remove the bone once fully cooked.
- In a bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, sour cream.
- Place cooked chicken in 13x9 casserole dish.
- Spread soup, broth and sour cream mixture on top of the chicken.
- Crumble 2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers and spread on top of chicken.
- Dot top of casserole with 1 stick of butter (cut into pieces).
- Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until crackers are browned.