This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Herb crusted lamb chops make a delicious dish perfect for special occasions or weeknight dinners. Get this delicious lamb chops recipe you are sure to love.
Lamb used to intimidate the heck out of me. I’m not entirely sure why, maybe because it was a meat that I just don’t remember either of my Grandmothers or Mama preparing that often. But let me tell you, if you are like me and have been a little leary about preparing delicious lamb at home, stop. You can do it.
This recipe for Herb Crusted Lamb Chops was inspired from a delicious meal I had in a restaurant a while back when we were traveling. I savored every bite of that lamb chop and was ready to get into the kitchen and develop my own version.
My herb crusted lamb chops are no longer just reserved for Sunday suppers either. I make such a simple recipe to prepare that I even make it on busy weeknights.
Every single bite is flavorful and delicious, tender and juicy.
I feel sure if my Grandmother knew how easy it was to prepare, she would have been making it all the time.
Here’s my Herb Crusted Lamb Chops recipe.
Herb Crusted Lamb Chops Recipe
- olive oil
- 4 lamb chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil until bottom of skillet is well-coated.
- Add chops to skillet and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear, or cook until well-browned, for about 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn lamb chops over and sprinkle the other side with more salt and pepper.
- Mix together bread crumbs and parsley. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to herbed crumb mixture and mix together until combined.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon of olive oil on top of lamb chops, lightly press herb crumb mixture on top of each lamb chop.
- Place in oven and finish cooking lamb chops until they reach medium rare, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I hope y’all have a great weekend!
My oh my. This needs to be made in my house!!! 🙂
I have never cooked with lamb. This looks delicious Robyn! I especially love how you served it…I want that tomato!
Oh, wow. I have never, ever cooked with lamb. But, this recipe makes me want to give it a try. Happy Friday!
Omg those sound so yummy! I’ve also been wary of lamb and have never attempted to make it- but you make it sound so easy and appealing, I may just have to try it:) love all your recipes I’ve tried so far!:)
These look absolutely delicious, Robyn! I love lamb and not afraid of cooking it at home, but my goodness the price right now! $16.99 a pound here for rack of lamb and the little chops. That makes it an occasional treat for us but always enjoyable.
Whoa, that’s expensive! I picked up my lamb chops this week for a little over $6.00 for the pack of four.
That is one mouthwatering looking meal, Robyn! What a delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Love lamb and that recipe looks so good. Will definitely have to try this very soon! The picture is beautiful! Thanks Robyn.
Lamb is super expensive here too! My husband loves it and often orders it when we go out to eat, but I have never made it at home. Thanks for this beautiful recipe. It looks amazing…I’d better not show my hubby ; )
Girl my dad is going to love this recipe 😀