This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
What is it about Meatball Soup that just makes me feel better? A big bowl of it is like an instant pick me up on a rainy, yucky day when I have more laundry to do than I can shake a stick at.
Full of big, hearty meatballs, my meatball soup sticks to your bones without making you feel like you’ve eaten way too much.
To make it, I cook my meatballs as normal and then add the ingredients for the soup to the same pan I’ve been using to cook the meatballs.
That way, I only have one pan to wash instead of creating another issue to deal with like my laundry.
Speaking of which, whenever they invent a washer/dryer combo that fluffs, folds, irons, and puts clothes away, I’m beyond ready!
That would be an invention straight out of The Jetsons. Oh wait, they had Rosie.
Oh, if only we had Rosie.
But then I remember how my Grandmother would always sing as she did her housework. She was constantly moving and singing, from washing my Granddaddy’s overalls to scrubbing her walls and floors, she sang. She’d iron for hours on end, stilling humming and singing and would dance a bit as she went back and forth hanging clothes in the closet as she went.
She made Snow White’s saying of whistle while you work sound like the most obvious thing in the world.
One thing is certain, I never heard my Grandmother complaining about housework. I’m sure she had as much of it, if not more, than I do.
And so, for today, I’ll sing a bit more as I fluff and fold and match enough socks to reach the ends of the earth. I feel blessed that we have them.
Here’s my Meatball Soup Recipe. I hope it comforts you through laundry and dishes, homework, and messy playrooms. If not, maybe try singing a little.
Meatball Soup Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley optional
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano flakes
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef stock or broth
- For the meatballs:
- Mix together all ingredients for the meatballs. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of a large skillet or pan over medium-low heat.
- Using a tablespoon scoop or spoon, form meatballs from the ground beef mixture. Drop into the heated skillet, turning occasionally to ensure that all sides of the meatball have been browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and oregano to the pan with the meatballs and reduce heat to a low simmer. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- For the soup:
- Add all ingredients to the pan with the meatballs. Simmer over low-medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
This soup is everything I’ve ever wanted in life. YUM!!
This looks so hearty and delicious and meatball soup is so comforting.
Sounds as if you had a great grandmother! Love the soup recipe…can’t wait to make a big pot. Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Meatball soup sounds fantastic!
anyone have the calorie count?