This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Since participating in the Easter Rice Krispies® challenge, I’ve had fun creating other fun flavor combinations when making our treats lately and couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you.
While this recipe is not submitted as part of my team’s official challenge, it was just too good to not share with you guys.
It’s one of those treats that immediately makes you think of those orange creamsicles that we love during the summer.
Orange creamsicles were my favorite ice cream snacks when I was growing up. We’d spend a few weekends on the lake with friends of my parents and the nearby convenience store always had a supply of these babies waiting for me and my sister. We’d quickly tear into the paper and carefully lick and lick and lick some more. In the hot sun, they would continue to melt and long drips of creamsicle would slowly run down onto our fingers to the sound of giggles and squeals.
Luckily, these treats bring back those memories without the sticky drips – although those are a lot of fun, too.
Now, here’s how I make these treats.
Orange Creamsicle Rice Krispies® Treats and a Giveaway
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange zest not compressed
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir white chocolate chips and orange zest into marshmallow mixture.
- Add in Rice Krispies® cereal and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Spray a 13×9-inch pan (or cookie sheet) and a spatula with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour Orange Creamsicle Rice Krispies® mixture into pan and spread with spatula. Cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I love evening walks around the neighborhood in the summer!
I already follow Add A Pinch on facebook.
I also subscribe by email!
I love to swim with the kiddos!
I love to go swimming and have barbecues!
I follow you on Twitter -(aboyle823)
I am subscribed via RSS.