This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pavlova makes an easy, elegant dessert perfect for entertaining or a special meal. Get this gorgeous pavlova recipe everyone will love.
Pavlova is such an elegant dessert that always provides a dramatic, impressive finale. I have a secret for you though. It’s really easy to make, too.
Everyone will think you’ve been working away in the kitchen all day when you bring out your gorgeous pavlova for dessert or a party. It makes a great dessert for your Valentine’s Day, Memorial Day and 4th of July get together and so many other special occasions. It is always a crowd pleasure since it is filled with strawberries and blueberries and topped with homemade whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
I’ll tell ya, I made pavlova for my sister’s birthday and it was a hit. Such a nice change from traditional birthday cake – light, tender, and absolutely delicious!
Here’s my Pavlova recipe. I know you are going to love it!
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups fresh fruit sliced or chopped
- mint optional
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Line baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Continue to beat and gradually add sugar.
- Add vinegar and vanilla.
- Beat for 5 more minutes then add cornstarch.
- Beat until well-combined.
- Pour meringue into a large mound in the center of parchment paper.
- Spread the meringue into the shape of disc using the back of a spoon or rubber scraper.
- As spreading, indent the center about ½ inch lower than sides.
- Reduce heat on the oven to 250º.
- Place meringue in the oven and bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Leave the door of the oven propped open for the last ½ hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Beat heavy cream and confectioners' sugar until peaks have formed.
- Place fruit in the indention of the pavlova, top with cream and garnish with fresh mint.