This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars make a delicious treat! This simple recipe for peanut butter and jelly bars in a family favorite!
The whole time we were making these peanut butter and jelly bars, I was singing the song I used to sing when Little Buddy was just a little tike and we’d make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. If I had a singing voice I’d gladly sing it for you. But alas, I do not. And you should be ever so grateful that I’m just sharing the recipe today and not singing the song to you. Even Little Buddy gave me a funny look when I started singing it.
But he was in full agreement that these peanut butter and jelly bars were so worth singing about. Or make that, they were so worth listening to me singing about them? Regardless, he loved them.
If you have a peanut butter and jelly lover in your house, you should really try these babies. Add a big glass of ice cold milk for an afternoon snack of pure delight.
Here’s how I make my Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars. Make them soon. They are a special treat!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups jelly your favorite flavor
- 2 cups salted peanuts roughly chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare 13×9 baking dish with butter and flour.
- Cream butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs and peanut butter and mix until well-combined.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Combine with peanut butter mixture until well-combined into a dough.
- Spread ¾ of dough into prepared baking dish.
- Press down evenly in dish with your fingers or back of a spoon.
- Spread jelly evenly over dough mixture.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and dollop remaining dough on top of jelly.
- Note that the top dough will spread some during baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Place in refrigerator for one hour.
- Cut and serve.