This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My mother’s pecan sandies have always been one of my favorite cookies. Light and crumbly, buttery and delicious. They practically melt in your mouth. But, the other day I decided to make Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies with a pinch of sea salt sprinkled over the top. Oh – maaa – garsh!
That’s all there is to it.
I’m definitely loving this salted chocolate twist on the classic pecan sandies recipe.
I’m just wondering why I hadn’t thought of it before now!
Here’s how you make these out of this world Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies. I hope you love them, too!
Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies Recipe
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Chocolate for dipping:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer until light in color and fluffy.
- Add flour, mixing well to ensure well-combined. Add vanilla and then gently mix in pecans.
- Scoop teaspoon of dough and roll between your palms to form a ball.
- Place on parchment lined baking pan and bake 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For Dipping:
- Place chocolate chips and shortening into a microwave safe bowl. Heat on 60% power in 30 second increments, stirring in between each time until chocolate is smooth when stirring. Remove from microwave for dipping.
- Dip each of the pecan sandies into the chocolate and place onto a platter onto the baking sheet to dry. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.