My mother’s pecan sandies have always been one of my favorite cookies. Light and crumbly, buttery and delicious. They practically melt in your mouth. But, the other day I decided to make Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies with a pinch of sea salt sprinkled over the top. Oh – maaa – garsh!
That’s all there is to it.
I’m definitely loving this salted chocolate twist on the classic pecan sandies recipe.
I’m just wondering why I hadn’t thought of it before now!
Here’s how you make these out of this world Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies. I hope you love them, too!
Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies Recipe
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Chocolate for dipping:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer until light in color and fluffy.
- Add flour, mixing well to ensure well-combined. Add vanilla and then gently mix in pecans.
- Scoop teaspoon of dough and roll between your palms to form a ball.
- Place on parchment lined baking pan and bake 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For Dipping:
- Place chocolate chips and shortening into a microwave safe bowl. Heat on 60% power in 30 second increments, stirring in between each time until chocolate is smooth when stirring. Remove from microwave for dipping.
- Dip each of the pecan sandies into the chocolate and place onto a platter onto the baking sheet to dry. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.