This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’m still on a peppermint kick today with these. Oh my goodness, these Peppermint Cream Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches are a chocolate and peppermint lover’s idea of a heavenly cookie. Well, at least mine.
A soft, cake-y chocolate cookie filled full with fluffy, peppermint-y cream is a great addition to holiday cookie baking.
If you wanted, you could even roll the sides of these chocolate cookie sandwiches in crushed candy canes.
You understand why I do not based on my reasoning I explained with my peppermint chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Right? But, if it doesn’t irk you, then I think it makes them really pretty and definitely very special.
These chocolate cookie sandwiches are a great cross between a whoopie pie and a cookie, making them perfect in my opinion. Not too cake-y and not to cookie-y, but juuuuuussst right.
Here’s my Peppermint Cream Chocolate Sandwich Cookies recipe. Make them to share with those you love. They’ll thank you.
Peppermint Cream Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches Recipe
- for the chocolate cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- for the peppermint cream
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1½ cups marshmallow cream
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper or silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, cocoa and vegetable oil until well-combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt until well-combined. Add eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix until all well-combined and creamy.
- Scoop tablespoon of cookie dough and drop onto prepared sheet pan, leaving about 1 ½ inches between each for the cookies to spread as they bake.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- for the peppermint cream
- While the chocolate cookie dough is baking, prepare the peppermint cream filling. Cream together all of the ingredients for the cream filling recipe. Set aside until the chocolate cookies portion has completely cooled.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of cream filling and place on top of the flattened side of one chocolate cookies. Place another chocolate cookie on top of the cream filling.
- Serve at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I havent made this recipe yet,because i don’t like peppermint flavor.Can you recommend another flavored filling? Thanks for the recipe