Peppermint Rice Krispies Snowball Treats are perfect for a simple winter holiday treat!
Peppermint is a flavor that we can all associate with winter.
There’s just something about that cool, sweet punch on the tip of your tongue that makes the frosty temps a bit more welcome.
For our Rice Krisipie treat, we incorporated crushed up candy canes and white chocolate to the traditional recipe.
A few sprinkles of holiday cheer and a candy cane hanger completes the confection.
This treat can be made one of two ways.
You can either melt the white chocolate chips along with the peppermint into the marshmallow mixture for a quick and simple sweet bite or leave them out and use a melted chocolate coating to harness your holiday sprinkle creativity.
You can also try using a fun shaped cookie cutter to inspire your own unique hanger shapes similar to this adorable edible snowman.
We hope these peppermint inspired treats will become a sweet addition to your winter holiday traditions!
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 10 ounce Package Marshmallows
- ⅓ cup Crushed Candy Canes
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2 14 ounce bags White Candy Melts
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and allow them to melt completely.
- Add in the crushed candy canes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies.
- If making balls, pull out heaping tablespoons from the pan and roll into balls. Add a candy can into the center of each ball.
- If making cut out shapes, press the rice krispie mixture into a pan prepared with cooking spray.
- Allow to cool for about five to ten minutes and then cut out your favorite shapes.
- Add a candy cane into the top end of the treat.
- Place your finished treats into the fridge for about 15 minutes to cool down.
- Melt the candy melts according to package directions and add in the vegetable oil to thin the mixture.
- Dip your cooled treats into the chocolate, sprinkle or decorate, and set aside to cool and harden completely.
- Note: For a quicker version, simply substitute one 12 oz. bag of white chocolate chips for the melts and oil. Add the chips in with the marshmallows and heat until completely melted. Proceed with adding the candy canes and Rice Krispies. You can then roll your balls and add sprinkles to the still warm treat.