Pretzel bites make a delicious snack or appetizer. With just a few simple steps, these delicious pretzel bites are perfect for your next party or for snacking!
I’ve mentioned before how much my husband loves making pretzels. A guy that is most comfortable on his tractor, working in the hangar, or at the grill or smoker, I think he finds it somewhat relaxing to spend time in the kitchen making something he knows we all love so much.
One way that he makes them to serve a crowd is to make these delicious little pretzel bites. They are perfect when entertaining or for when our son has friends over. There’s just something about these little pretzel bites dipped in mustard or even salted caramel sauce that those boys go nuts over!
I don’t blame them.
I do, too!
Here’s his recipe for his pretzel bites. Make ’em soon. I think you’ll love them!
Pretzel Bites Recipe
- Prepare soft pretzel dough following the recipe through step 7.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Spray parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Once dough has risen, remove dough from the bowl and divide into 8 - 12 even pieces using a bench scraper or knife. Roll into about 24 inch logs. Using your bench scraper or knife, cut pieces of the dough into 1 1/2 - 2 inch lengths, repeating until all dough has been cut.
- Add baking soda to water in a 4-quart saucepan over medium low heat. Bring to a simmer. Add pretzel pieces, about 10 at a time to the water. They will initially sink to the bottom and rise as it is ready to be removed. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pretzel bites from the saucepan and place on the parchment lined baking sheet to dry completely, about 5 minutes. Repeat until all pretzel bites have been bathed in the baking soda water.
- Brush with butter, sprinkle generously with sea salt and bake 7-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest until easy to handle. Serve warm.