This Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce is about as perfect of a cream sauce as I’ve ever tasted. In my opinion, it is balanced and just has the right amount of bite from the peppers without overwhelming whatever you serve it on.
And since this cream sauce comes together in just a few minutes, it is easy enough to pull together and serve over a quick dish of pasta or even my new favorite zucchini pasta. Believe me, it has been a go-to recipe in my house for years.
It all begins with a little bit of butter, onions, garlic, chopped roasted red peppers, cream and a few other touches. In just a few minutes, you have this delicious cream sauce that takes everything up a notch and tastes like you’ve been in the kitchen cooking all afternoon.
When, in reality, you can throw a meal together of pasta, cream sauce, and a small side salad in about 15 minutes. Or, if you have more time, it is beautiful drizzled over roasted chicken. But definitely, check in tomorrow to see what I made with this cream sauce recipe. You’ll love it.
I don’t know about you, but it takes longer for me to make up my mind what I want to cook for supper than it does to have this on the table!
Here’s my Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce recipe. I hope you love it!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ medium onion, diced finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12-ounce jar) roasted red peppers, diced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and roasted red peppers, including the juices from the container. Add in heavy cream, stirring constantly until cream sauce has thickened and will coat the back of a spoon. Add red pepper flakes, if using. Add salt and pepper to taste.