Baked ziti is made even simpler in your slow cooker with this recipe.
Y’all know how much I love suppers that I can get on the table in a hurry during the week and my recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Ziti absolutely delivers! It only takes a few minutes to prepare the ingredients, pop them into your slow cooker and then let your slow cooker do all the work for you while you are busy doing other things.
Since we’re back in school, my slow cooker has been a huge relief to me so that I’m not even having to think about timing everything around lessons, rushing out the door for football practice and then having to come home and finish it off to be able to eat.
With this Slow Cooker Beef Ziti, I brown my ground beef and onion in the morning, throw it into my slow cooker with a large can of tomatoes, ziti noodles, garlic, and a little bit of water. I give it a quick stir and then just forget about it until we get home from football.
And that makes me happy as can be!
Here’s how I make it.
Here’s my Slow Cooker Beef Ziti recipe. I think you’ll love it.
Slow Cooker Beef Ziti Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 25- ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 16- ounce box ziti noodles
- 1 15- ounce container Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- sour cream optional
- Brown ground beef in a medium skillet.
- Drain and add in onion, garlic, and oregano.
- Cook until onion becomes tender, about 10 minutes.
- Spray crock of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine ground beef and marinara sauce.
- Fill marinara sauce jar with water and add stir into the ground beef and marinara sauce.
- Spoon 1/2 of the beef and marinara sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour in ziti noodles and stir.
- Spread Ricotta cheese on top of mixture, sprinkle with 1/2 of Mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon remainder of beef and marinara sauce over the cheeses and cook for about 5 hours on low heat.
- Remove lid from slow cooker and add remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Return lid to slow cooker and allow cheese to melt for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, optional.
We serve this straight from the crock of the slow cooker with a salad or other vegetables.
Slow Cooker Beef Ziti also makes a great freezer meal. Just place in an airtight container, wrap tightly and place in your freezer. To reheat once frozen, just thaw in your refrigerator overnight and reheat in your oven or microwave.