This Stuffed Eggplant recipe is simple to pull together for a busy weeknight supper. Made with ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, this stuffed eggplant recipe is great for entertaining, too.
This time of year, eggplant is definitely one of those vegetables that makes an appearance in the garden, the farmers’ market and the local grocery store produce department. Thankfully, eggplant is one of those vegetables that you can use in so many ways and it is always delicious! I love to use it in place of pasta in my eggplant lasagna recipe and you know what? My family requests it in place of the more traditional version over and over again!
The same can be said for this simple stuffed eggplant recipe. It is really as easy as it comes to prepare, but because of the presentation of it, everyone thinks you’ve been working away in the kitchen to create it all day! While in reality, you only have about 5-10 minutes of hands on time with this recipe. The oven does the rest of the work for you!
Here’s my Simple Stuffed Eggplant Recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
- 2-3 small eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh to make a shell about 1/2 to 1 inch thick, chop and set aside
- Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil into large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, flesh of eggplant, and garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add in the ground beef and Worcestershire sauce and cook until lightly browned. Drain away any grease and stir in salt, oregano and tomatoes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon ground beef mixture into the cavity of the eggplants. Place in the oven to bake until the eggplant is tender throughout, about 35 to 40 minutes. Top with grated cheese and return to the oven until cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and allow to rest about 3 minutes before serving.