This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate balls make for a delicious sweet treat. Get this fun, fabulous no bake chocolate dessert recipe.
We are the host family to a lovely girl from Sweden who is attending the local university. She has such an outgoing and delightful personality and loves to share about her country and her culture. And of course, I love to learn about Swedish foods.
Just take a look at these Swedish Chocolate Balls.
They are so easy to make and delicious!
I really think it’s impossible to eat just one.
Or even two.
They are addictive, y’all.
I’m telling you, you’ll be amazed at how quickly they disappear. They are a new found favorite at my house. I think they’ll show up again over the holidays.
How cute they’ll be in mini cupcake papers ready for a holiday party.
Here’s her Chocolate Balls recipe. I know you’ll love it!
Swedish Chocolate Balls
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 pound butter softened
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coffee really strong
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups rolled oats
- The traditional decoration is coconut flake but you may use sanding sugar, colored sprinkles, toasted almond slivers, powdered sugar, powdered cocoa, etc.
- Cream butter, sugar, and cocoa until smooth.
- Add in coffee, vanilla and chocolate, mix well.
- Add in oats and mix well on high speed with mixer until completely combined, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pinch a 1 ½ inch piece of dough and roll between your two palms.
- Roll in desired decoration to coat.
- Eat immediately or chill for approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator for a firmer treat.
I can’t really tell you what to do with any leftovers of this recipe. There haven’t been any yet.