These ultimate monster cookies are filled with oats, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and M & M’s and are so easy!
I always think of these monster cookies during summer. I’m not sure if it is because my sister and I would help Mama make them before friends came over to play or if it is because I’ve kind of continued the tradition of making them for Sam and his friends. They are packed full of flavors that we loved growing up and Sam and his friends love just as much as we did!
But seriously? What’s not to love in these things? I’ve certainly not found anything!
Every single bite is filled with deliciousness!
This recipe makes about two dozen medium size cookies, using a two tablespoon cookie scoop, but can easily be halved if you want to make just a few or doubled or tripled even if you are making them for a party or a large group.
I love doubling the recipe, making half to bake immediately and then portion out the remainder, flash freezing on the cookie tray in the freezer for about 15 minutes and then placing them into a zip top bag in the freezer to use later. Then, you can simply remove however much of the frozen cookie dough you need for a bake and serve cookie in a jiffy!
Here’s how I make my Ultimate Monster Cookie recipe. I hope you love them as much as we all do!
Ultimate Monster Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips, milk, semi-sweet, or dark
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces, like M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in vanilla, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and oats until well combined. Then stir in chocolate chips and candies.
- Scoop cookie dough, using about a 2-tablespoon scoop or a heaping tablespoon, and drop onto prepared pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from the pan. Store in an airtight container up to a week.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.