Little Buddy and I have been on a search or our perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’ll admit, we are pretty picky about our cookies.
Each week, we’ve tweaked our recipe. We’ve done it all. A few of the things we tried were:
- using different flours
- trying different butter
- halved the amount of butter and added shortening
Finally, we found our perfect recipe. This recipe makes a batch of three dozen cookies. It’s a good thing it makes that many because these cookies are gone really quickly! It reminded me of the song, Who Stole The Cookies From The Cookie Jar?
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 12 ounce package of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine butter and sugars with electric mixer. Beat together until light and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix well with mixer.
- Decrease mixing speed and mix in flour mixture, baking powder, and baking soda until combined. Remove from stand mixer and incorporate chocolate chips or your choice of ingredient using a wooden spoon.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet or jellyroll pan. Bake for approximately 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to sit on the pan for about 1 minute before placing them in your cookie jar.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know if you give it a try. We sure love it. Oh… and be sure to have a big ole glass of ice cold milk ready. You’ll need it.