Okay, so this strawberry syrup is something that happens fairly often around my house. Once you make it and use it a couple of times, you’ll totally be as obsessed with making and having strawberry syrup in your refrigerator as I am. I feel certain.
Simple as can be to make, a container of this strawberry syrup is made about once a week and disappears fairly quickly. We use it in numerous recipes from homemade strawberry milk to milkshakes, to drizzling over baked meringues, pancakes, waffles, and even biscuits.
It’s pretty addictive.
If you are watching your sugar intake, I have used sugar substitutes in place of sugar and had good results. You’ll just want to adjust to your personal taste and based on the substitute that you are using.
So, here’s my strawberry syrup recipe. Just think of all the possibilities!
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- Add strawberries, granulated sugar, and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into jar of a blender.
- Blend on high speed for 10 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes or overnight.
Robyn xoxo Pin It