BBQ Chicken with Bacon and Cheddar makes the perfect addition to a summer weeknight or weekend menu. The delicious flavor combination of chicken, smokey bacon, spicy peach BBQ sauce and the creamy, earthy flavor of the Cheddar cheese is like magic.
As you know, I’m working with Cracker Barrel® to share easy entertaining ideas that highlight the high-quality, consistent deliciousness of Cracker Barrel® Cheddar cheese. When they asked me to develop a recipe, I knew I wanted to share a delicious BBQ chicken recipe that just knocks my socks off.
While any Cracker Barrel® Cheddar tastes delicious, I recommend Cracker Barrel® Aged Reserve Cheddar cheese for this recipe. The rich and creamy texture of the Aged Reserve Cheddar paired with the spicy, sweet and smokey flavor of the peach BBQ sauce is perfection on a plate!
The earthy sharpness of the Cracker Barrel® Aged Reserve Cheddar cheese really brings out the spicy kick of the BBQ sauce, bringing all of those spicy notes to the forefront for a perfect pairing.
Just get your tastebuds ready for a BBQ chicken recipe that you’ll want time and time again.
Here’s my BBQ Chicken with Bacon and Cheddar Recipe. I know you’ll love it!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (10-ounce) package Cheddar cheese, sliced into about 18 – 24 slices
- 1 recipe Peach BBQ sauce
- Preheat grill to 350º F degrees.
- Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of bacon, stretching it to ensure wrapped tightly. If needed, secure with a toothpick. Place chicken onto grill and grill until cooked throughout. Chicken should register 165º F when measured with an internal meat probe.
- Once chicken registers 165º F, spoon on peach BBQ sauce and lightly spread to cover. Then place three to four slices of Cheddar cheese on top of bbq sauce. Then, drizzle more bbq sauce on top of Cheddar cheese. Cook on grill about 3-5 more minutes to allow cheese to begin to melt.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Now for the fun part – BlogHer is giving my readers a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
To enter the sweepstakes, all you have to do is leave a comment telling me: What is your favorite cheesy summer dish?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/8/13 – 10/31/13.
Be sure to check out the Cracker Barrel brand page on BlogHer for more bloggers’ reviews.
Cracker Barrel has a fun survey they’d love for you to participate in as well!