Breakfast Potatoes just take a breakfast or brunch menu to the next level, in my humble opinion.
And luckily, these breakfast potatoes couldn’t be simpler to make. Chop everything up, toss it into a skillet, cook it until it is ready, and then gobble them up.
Sounds simple enough, right?
That’s about all there is to it. Promise.
And if you really want to make things simple as can be, just chop all of the veggies the night before and leave the skins on your potatoes like I do.
I get tickled every time I serve them to company at the comments about how much they love the potatoes with the skins on still on them. For a few minutes I act like it makes them more gourmet or something. Then, I can’t stand it anymore and I admit to my laziness.
I’m cool like that. Heh.
Here’s my Breakfast Potatoes recipe. Hope you love ‘em.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup butter
- 5 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Allow butter to melt and add potatoes, garlic, onions, and bell peppers to the skillet, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper.
- Serve warm.