Regardless if you work outside or inside the home, your day is jam packed with activities and appointments that can make supper time a challenge. Getting a warm, homemade supper on the table can be a family’s biggest obstacle of the day and one that we all strive to overcome.
How do we do it?
Some nights we do better than others, but if you are like me, you still always want to do better for your family. Simple recipes that include few ingredients and little cooking time are popular at my house on these busy evenings. I love knowing that with just a few ingredients I generally have on hand in my refrigerator and pantry, I can have supper on the table in less time than it would take for take out to be delivered or to drive through the fast food line and make it back home.
I was so excited when I was asked by BlogHer to participate in their Hellmann’s and Best Foods review. All of the recipes presented to me sounded delicious and like something that my family would enjoy. In less than 30 minutes, I had a delicious, piping hot supper on the table that my family absolutely loved.
The best part?
The recipe was so simple my son enjoyed helping me prepare it. I love knowing he joined me in the kitchen making our supper while sharing with me what happened during football practice that afternoon. As I was cleaning up dishes after getting Little Buddy to bed, I realized supper times just really can’t get much better than this.
Here’s the recipe.
Recipe: Creamy Baked Turkey
Summary: A simple delicious recipe for creamy baked turkey.
- 1/2 cup crushed buttery crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods’ Real Mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless turkey cutlets or chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 400∞. In small bowl, combine cracker crumbs with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, Hellmann’s or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise, garlic, parsley and remaining Parmesan cheese. Toss turkey with cheese mixture. Turn into shallow 2-quart casserole, then sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until turkey is thoroughly cooked.
- For a complete meal, serve with a tossed salad or with steamed broccoli. SUBSTITUTION: Use 4 ounces of Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese and 1/2 cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods Light Mayonnaise instead of Real Mayonnaise.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s) Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Congratulations to Comment #53, Jill J.
Hellmann’s is on a mission to help moms re-think main dish meals and leftovers by offering easy, delicious recipes that are great for the busy holiday season, such as Turkey Casserole. Along with BlogHer, they are sharing a great giveaway of $100.00 gift card to Cooking.com!
Here’s how you enter. Leave a comment below letting me know how you plan on using your turkey leftovers this holiday season.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment telling me your biggest challenges for getting supper on the table throughout the week.
- Tweet about this promotion, adding @hellmanns to the end, and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
For more opportunities to win, visit the Hellmann’s Round-up page on BlogHer.com to read other bloggersí reviews!
And, for more information about the recipe challenge or Hellmann’sÆ products, please visit Hellmanns.com. In addition to the giveaway on this blog, you can cast your vote at Hellmanns.com for your favorite recipe and enter their sweepstakes for a chance to win one of four $250 grocery gift cards each week. If there are more than 10,000 entries, the prize value doubles to a $500 grocery gift card!*
*No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The Hellmann’s Turkey Challenge is sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 & older. Begins 12:00 a.m. ET on 9/12/11 & ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/5/11. For official rules, visit Hellmanns.com.