Raspberry Bars make a delicious treat for breakfast, brunch, dessert or an afternoon snack! These raspberry bars are on a shortbread crust with an almond crumble topping.
Talk about deliciousness! These raspberry bars are seriously so amazing. And easy. Like really easy. I love to make the shortbread crust one evening and then just allow it to cool overnight and then the next morning add the raspberry jam and the almond crumble topping. That way, I am ready to serve warm raspberry bars for breakfast or brunch! Of course, it is just as delicious cool!
I topped these raspberry bars with an almond crumble since I think raspberries and almonds are absolutely perfect together. Of course, pecans or walnuts would also be scrumptious or you could just omit the nuts completely if you prefer.
Here’s my raspberry bars recipe. I think you will absolutely love them!
- 1 shortbread crust recipe
- 1 half-pint jar raspberry preserves or jelly
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Make according to shortbread crust instructions. Allow to cool completely.
- Spread jelly evenly all over the crust.
- Combine flour, sugar, and butter in a medium bowl with a pastry blender or fork. Stir in oats, sliced almonds and salt.
- Spread crumb topping evenly over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cut in equal rows of 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 depending on how large you would like your bars.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, under a cake dome or store in an airtight container.