Shortbread Crust makes a delicious addition to so many desserts. Made of three ingredients, this simple shortbread crust is easy works for pies, cheesecakes, tarts, and so many other desserts.
Just three ingredients is all you’ll need to make this shortbread crust. They are most likely ingredients that you already have stocked in your pantry, too! Flour, sugar, and butter. Just those three things make one of the most delicious crusts that is versatile for so many delicious desserts and sweet treats.
If you’ve ever made my Pecan Pie Bars, you’ve already tried your hand at making this crust. It comes together quickly, then prebakes in the oven for just a few minutes and is then ready for all the goodness you care to pile on it or in it!
You can press the shortbread crust into the bottom of a baking pan, like used for the bars, or you can press it into a pie plate, crimp the edges (or not!), and use it as a pie crust as well. You can also use it as a tart crust for tarts or even as a crust for cheesecakes. It just works for so many things!
I think this will quickly become one of your favorite crust recipes. It’s just too easy not to be!
Here’s my Shortbread Crust recipe. I think you’ll love it!
Shortbread Crust Recipe
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix together butter, flour, and confectioner’s sugar. Press into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan, a pie plate, tart pan, or other pan for your baking.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before filling.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.