Shrimp Skewers make a delicious, quick-fix lunch or supper that I absolutely love. And boy, do I have a scrumptious twist on this classic for ya.
Yesterday, I shared my Cajun Spice Mix recipe and today I have one of my new favorite ways to use it! This Spicy Cajun Shrimp Skewer. Oh my goodness! So much flavor and so dad gum simple to make! It’s truly a keeper recipe if I’ve ever seen one!
These skewers are perfect on a bed of baby spinach for a quick salad or even with a side of smashed potatoes if you need a heartier meal.
They are ready in just a few minutes, making them a definite quick-fix supper idea that is waistline friendly.
There are usually about 25-30 large shrimp per pound, so I generally use about five large shrimp per skewer for about eight skewers. Perfect for a supper for four or lunch portions for eight. It also makes a beautiful appetizer if you’d like to use the smaller skewers with just one or two shrimp.
Can you tell how much I’m in love with these?
Here’s how I make my Spicy Cajun Shrimp Skewers.
- 1½ pounds uncooked, peeled and de-veined shrimp
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons [Cajun Spice Mix|http://addapinch.com/cooking/?p=3331]
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat or about 350 degrees. Lightly brush grill pan with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Skewer four to seven shrimp per skewer, depending on size.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides with [Cajun Spice Mix|http://addapinch.com/cooking/?p=3331].
- Place onto grill or grill pan over medium heat and cook until shrimp turns pink, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve warm.
I think you’ll love them forever! You really do need to try these soon!!!