Strawberry Pie is a classic pie recipe that is always a favorite. Made with fresh strawberries, this easy no-bake strawberry pie recipe is simple and oh so delicious!
This strawberry pie is one that always impresses and if you have a strawberry lover in your midst, you will have a fan for life. Seriously. This pie recipe is what it is all about to someone who loves strawberries.
Making this strawberry pie couldn’t get much simpler either. You whisk together your sugar and cornstarch with a bit of boiling water over a medium low heat with the other ingredients until it has thickened. Then, you let it cool as you arrange your strawberries how you want them in for your final strawberry pie in your pre-baked pie crust. For the pie crust, you can use my pastry pie crust recipe or my shortbread crust recipe. For the pie photographed, I used a shortbread crust. Oh my heavens!
Once the filling has cooled, you pour it over the strawberries, making sure they’ve all been nicely coated. Then, you pop it into the refrigerator for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to chill completely.
When I arrange my strawberries for this pie, I like to have two layers of strawberries. It just provides a really pretty presentation and you know that with every bite, you’ll get plenty of strawberries. No skimpy pieces with this strawberry pie.
You can easily make this pie ahead if you’d like. It keeps well in the refrigerator for about three days covered. You just might want to hide it because around my house, there is no way this pie lasts three days!
Here’s my Strawberry Pie recipe. I think you are going to love every bite of it!
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 shortbread pie crust, pre-baked
- Wash strawberries and pat dry with paper towels. Hull and slice in half. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add boiling water, whisking until it has thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract, lemon juice and strawberry gelatin. Allow to cool completely to room temperature.
- Place strawberries into pre-baked shortbread crust and arrange to the final result you would like for your strawberry pie. Pour the cooled filling over top of the strawberries, being sure to coat them completely. Refrigerate until the strawberry pie has completely set, about 1½ - 2 hours.
Originally published March 2014. Republished May 2015.