Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are juicy, tender, and perfectly seasoned. This easy dinner recipe is a weeknight family favorite!
Chicken thighs make a flavorful and versatile part of any meal. This easy method of cooking in the air fryer results in crispy, tender, and juicy chicken every time. Made with a quick and easy marinade of lemon and seasonings, you’ll turn to this recipe time and again. Delicious served with a salad, pasta, or your favorite vegetables.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy. These chicken thighs are ready for serving in less than 30 minutes.
- Meal Prep friendly. While they are super quick and easy to make, I also love making a larger batch of them to store in the refrigerator for meal prep during the week.
- Use in so many ways. You can use these chicken thighs in any recipe that you would use cooked chicken, such as my Grilled Chicken Salad or even my Greek Chicken Pasta Salad recipe.
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Chicken thighs – I love using boneless, skinless chicken thighs to minimize prep and mess; they are easier to serve and eat and better for meal prep. If you use chicken thighs with the bone-in and skin on, you’ll need to increase the cooking time to ensure that you reach 165º F in the center with an instant-read thermometer.
- Lemon – one whole lemon is used in this recipe for a quick marinade and served with the cooked chicken.
- Stone House Seasoning – my go-to house seasoning blend (my last name is Stone) of salt, pepper, and garlic that I use in so many recipes. If you don’t already have a batch on hand of this seasoning (I highly encourage you to make it soon!), you can use 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic.
- Prep. Preheat the air fryer to 400º F. Cut the lemon in half. One half is used for the marinade and the other is sliced into wedges or slices for serving.
- Season the chicken. Add the chicken to a mixing bowl and season with the juice from half of the lemon. Sprinkle both sides with Stone House Seasoning. Toss to coat as needed.
- Cook. Place into the preheated air fryer and cook 12 minutes on one side. Flip and cook until it reaches 165º F in the center when checked with an instant-read thermometer, about 6 more minutes.
- Serve. Remove from the air fryer and serve with lemon wedges or slices.
To store leftovers. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
To freeze. Cool completely and store in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, reheat in the microwave, or wrap well and reheat in the air fryer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You’ll want to increase the cooking time since bone-in chicken thighs generally take longer to cook through. Cook on the first side for 15 minutes, flip with tongs, and cook on the second side until the chicken thighs reach 165º F in the thickest part with an instant-read thermometer, about 10 to 12 more minutes.
Absolutely! While the marinade listed in this recipe is quick and easy, I also love using my favorite chicken marinade.
Here’s my Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe. I hope you love it!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- Prep. Preheat the air fryer to 400º F. Cut the lemon in half. Cut one half of the lemon into small wedges or slices for serving.
- Season the chicken. Add the chicken in a mixing bowl and season with 1/2 lemon and sprinkle both sides with the Stone House Seasoning.
- Cook the chicken. Place the chicken in the preheated air fryer and cook 12 minutes. Flip and cook the internal temperature registers 165º F in the thickest part when checked with an instant read thermometer.
- Serve. Remove the chicken from the air fryer and serve with lemon wedges or slices.
Storage Tips:To store leftovers. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. To freeze. Cool completely and store in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, reheat in the microwave, or wrap well and reheat in the air fryer.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.