This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grilled Chicken Fiesta Salad Recipe – This simple grilled chicken salad recipe is kicked up a notch for a spicy Tex-Mex favorite!
A salad that includes chips and salsa? Yes, please!
This Grilled Chicken Fiesta Salad has been one repeat around here lately and once you taste it, it is easy to see why!
Loaded with all sorts of delicious Tex-Mex ingredients, this is one chicken salad that I can happily eat without getting tired of it for a second!
Grilled Chicken Fiesta Salad Recipe
We’ve been using the grill as much as possible for all of our cooking lately. Not only does it help keep the house a whole lot cooler, we’ve loved spending time out on the back porch together in the afternoons as we cook supper.
There’s just something about grilling that feels more communal and brings everyone together laughing and talking about the day, unwinding and relaxing after a day of work, and just spending time together. I’m not sure if it is the grill exactly or being outside that brings on the smiles, but whatever it is, I’m enjoying it! And loving this grilled chicken salad, too!
How to Make Grilled Chicken Fiesta Salad
To make this Grilled Chicken Fiesta Salad, I start by layering my mixed salad greens on a large platter or in a bowl. Then, I add my black beans, grilled corn that I’ve cut off of the cob, slices of grilled chicken, tomatoes, slices of red onion, and crushed tortilla chips.
I serve my Grilled Chicken Fiesta Salad with a bowl of my homemade restaurant style salsa nestled into the salad so that everyone can get however much they want on their own serving.
(I love that I found a way to have chips and salsa as a part of my salad! 🙂 )
My avocado is served on the side as well. Since we recently found out that Bart is sensitive to avocado, I serve it like this so that those who want avocado can pick up their own avocado without it being in the salad. That way, everyone can enjoy what they like!
Then, a quick sprinkling of fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice and this fiesta salad is ready for serving!
Grilled Chicken Fiesta Salad Options
Here are some ideas for how you can customize your salad
- Rotisserie Chicken – Use rotisserie chicken from the deli in place of grilled chicken.
- Spicy Version – Grill jalapeno peppers until just blackened, allow to cool, dice, and toss into the salad.
- Ranch Fiesta – Serve this salad with buttermilk ranch dressing to mix with the salsa for a creamy and cool option.
Here’s my Grilled Chicken Fiesta Salad Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Grilled Chicken Fiesta Salad Recipe
- 4 – 6 cups salad greens
- 2 grilled skinless, boneless chicken breasts sliced
- 1 ear grilled corn removed from the cob
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced thinly
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- fresh cilantro
- 1 cup salsa recipe
- 1 medium avocado
- Arrange salad greens on a large platter or toss into a large bowl. Top with grilled chicken slices, corn, black beans, tomatoes, onion, crushed tortilla chips, and torn fresh cilantro.
- Pour salsa into a small cup and place on the platter alongside the salad for serving. Halve the avocado and place alongside the salad, or go ahead and dice and toss into the salad.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Such a hearty dish for a meal! I’m thinking it would be great for my chill party at next weekend xD
– Natalie Ellis
It is great for casual parties! Hope you enjoy it! Thanks!
can’t wait to try all the wonderful recipes. I love everyone of them. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks, Helen. I hope you find many recipes here you love. xo