Balsamic Roasted Carrots make a simple, delicious side dish. Made with whole carrots drizzled with a balsamic mixture and roasted until fork tender.
My son loves carrots. It is one vegetable I have always been able to depend on him devouring, even in his pickiest of stages. I remember him going through a stage where he turned up his nose at every vegetable I asked him about making for supper. Finally, I decided to let him start picking them as we walked through the produce section of the grocery store or to the local farmer’s market. Every single time, he’d immediately go for the carrots. The larger the bunch, the better. Thinking there was no way we’d make it through all of those carrots, I was always surprised at just how many ways there is to enjoy carrots. In soups, stews, smoothies, juicing them, steamed, roasted, and the list goes on and on. We love them all, too!
But then, I started making these easy balsamic roasted carrots and let me just say, I started grabbing the largest bunches of carrots in the produce section, too! Ha!
I scrub my carrots and place them on a rimmed baking sheet so that the balsamic mixture is contained while they bake. I drizzle the balsamic mixture onto my carrots and roast them. About halfway through, I turn the carrots to make sure that both sides are coated with that delicious balsamic flavor.
Here’s my Balsamic Roasted Carrots recipe. I hope you love them as much as we all do!
Balsamic Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 12-16 whole carrots scrubbed and greens trimmed
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Arrange carrots on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk together chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, and red pepper flakes, if using. Drizzle over carrots. Roll carrots in the balsamic mixture to make sure well coated. Place in the oven and roast for 50-60 minutes, until fork tender and browned.
- Remove from oven and serve.