This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Recipe – These quick and easy buffalo chicken enchiladas are so simple, yet scrumptious! Ready and on the table in 30 minutes!
It is no secret that I love quick, easy and simple meals, but only if they are delicious! And friends, these buffalo chicken enchiladas definitely check off all those boxes – and more!
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
If you love the tangy spiciness of buffalo chicken and the delicious flavor of enchiladas, then this is definitely one recipe that you’ll want to make soon – and often! Even though these enchiladas come together for a quick 30-minute meal, they also make a great make-ahead recipe!
As the oven preheats, spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or lightly coat with olive oil. Then, pour a little bit of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and set aside.
To make the enchiladas, I start with my cooked chicken. For this, I love to use chicken that I’ve cooked ahead for the week as part of my meal prep. I love to use my baked chicken or even my instant pot chicken, give it a quick shred and then use in dishes just like this one throughout the week! If you prefer, you can easily use rotisserie chicken as well.
To the shredded chicken, I add Stone House Seasoning, some enchilada sauce, as well as buffalo sauce, and diced tomatoes with chilis. I have homemade versions of the enchilada sauce and buffalo sauce that I prefer to use, but you can easily substitute with store bought if you prefer. Then I give all of the chicken a quick stir to mix it all together.
Then, I spoon some of the chicken mixture into a tortilla and top with a little bit of the cheese. I fold the tortilla over the chicken and cheese and then place the enchilada seam side down onto the enchilada sauce in the baking dish. I repeat until all of the chicken mixture has been used, top the enchiladas with the remaining enchilada sauce and buffalo sauce and then top with the remainder of the cheese. I then bake until the buffalo chicken enchiladas are baked throughout and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.
To serve, I top with sliced green onions and blue cheese crumbles, if using.
Here is my Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1 cup enchilada sauce divided
- 1 cup buffalo sauce divided
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilis drained
- 10-12 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese or Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- 4 green onions sliced (optional)
- blue cheese (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour ¼ cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and set aside.
- Add the chicken, Stone House Seasoning, ½ cup of enchilada sauce, ½ cup of buffalo sauce, and diced tomatoes with green chilis to a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup chicken mixture into the center of each flour tortilla. Top with about 2 tablespoons grated cheese and fold two ends of tortilla over the filled center. Place the tortilla seam side down into the baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas have been filled.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce and buffalo sauce over the assembled tortillas. Top with grated cheese. Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until cheese has melted thoroughly and has become bubbly.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and crumbled blue cheese, if desired.