This easy Enchilada Sauce recipe is ready in less than 5 minutes, made of pantry staples, no cooking required, and tastes delicious!
If you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine, you know that enchilada sauce is a staple ingredient in many traditional dishes. Whether you’re making chicken enchiladas or even just adding a little kick to your morning scrambled eggs, enchilada sauce is a versatile and flavorful addition to any meal.
While you can certainly buy pre-made enchilada sauce at the grocery store, making your own at home is surprisingly easy and delicious. Plus, you can customize the flavors to your liking and adjust the spice level to your preference. Made of pantry staple ingredients, it is a quick and easy homemade enchilada sauce that you can make in just a few minutes.
How to Make The Best Blender Enchilada Sauce Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
To make this recipe, you’ll need a few pantry staple ingredients.
- Olive oil
- Chicken stock or broth – for a vegetarian option, use vegetable broth
- Crushed tomatoes
- Spices: chili powder, dried oregano, cumin, onion powder, Stone House Seasoning
- Optional ingredients: brown sugar or apple cider vinegar
Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, about a minute.
Once it is blended, it is ready for immediate use or to store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
To make ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
To freeze. Store in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, blend again to recombine if needed, and use as normal. Alternately, you can store it in smaller portions by pouring it into ice cube trays or muffin pans and freezing overnight, then transfer the frozen portions to an airtight, freezer-safe container to freeze for up to 3 months.
Favorite Recipes to Use
- Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Beef Enchilada Recipe
- Chicken Enchilada Recipe
- Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Air Fryer Enchilada Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
- Beef Enchilada Dip Recipe
- Pulled Pork Enchilada Salad Recipe
- Taco Salad Recipe
See why I like to keep it on hand? It is a meal prep essential at my house!
Here’s my quick and easy blender enchilada sauce recipe. I hope you find it as useful as we do!
Easy Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth, or vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar , or 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender and secure the lid. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
For Vegetarian and Vegan Enchilada Sauce:Use vegetable stock
For Sugar-Free, Paleo, and Whole 30:To make it sugar-free, use 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and omit the brown sugar.
Make Ahead and Freezer InstructionsTo make ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. To freeze. Store in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, blend again to recombine if needed, and use as normal. Alternately, you can store it in smaller portions by pouring it into ice cube trays or muffin pans and freezing overnight, then transfer the frozen portions to an airtight, freezer-safe container to freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.