Taco salad makes a delicious quick-fix supper or game day meal! This recipe comes together in minutes!
I think I owe you this. Taco Salad that is.
Especially after that loaded smashed potato fiasco the other day. What was I thinking?! I know we’re all supposed to be eating salads, drinking smoothies, and gulping down a gallon of water. So this taco salad is my peace offering.
I will admit, it still has some man-pleasing, carb-loving qualities about it though. Like the shell, sour cream, and cheese. But, those things just make this salad a taco salad. Otherwise, it would be…. um…. salad.
Whatever. I think I need more sleep or something along those lines.
One of the best parts of this salad is that it comes together in a jiffy, making it a great quick-fix supper idea. Also, it tastes amazing and presents well, so if you are having friends over for supper this weekend or planning ahead what you can serve for the Super Bowl, this taco salad really works well.
So, are we friends again? Let’s toast over water bottles!
Here’s my taco salad recipe. I think you’ll love it!
Taco Salad Recipe
- 4-5 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 6-8 corn or flour torillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef browned, crumbled and drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces Coke regular
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 10-ounce can prepared refried beans
- 4 cups lettuce greens
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 8- ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 tablespoons sour cream divided
- Add 1-2 tablespoons to skillet over medium-low heat. Add tortillas, one at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, until just brown and crisp. Remove tortilla to a wire cooling rack with small bowls inverted over a baking sheet to cool. Place the tortilla onto the inverted bowls and using the tongs, pull the edges over to form a loose bowl shape with the cooked tortilla. Repeat until all tortillas have been prepared.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels and add ground beef and taco seasoning to the skillet over medium-low heat. Brown ground beef, drain any excess grease, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan prepare the dressing by adding the enchilada sauce, Coke, brown sugar and Sriracha sauce. Cook until reduced and thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- To assemble taco salads, place a prepared tortilla shell on each plate. Add about 1/4 cup refried beans, top with about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of prepared beef, then add lettuce greens, onion slices, tomatoes, and a dollop of sour cream.
- Drizzle with a tablespoon or two of prepared sauce that has been set aside from earlier. Serve immediately.