This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Caramel Apple Biscuit Rolls are a thing around here. A really, really delicious thing. Like one of the best things I’ve ever put in my mouth sort of thing.
You see, I sort of have this love for making biscuit rolls. What? Not sure what I’m talking about?
Well, you see, last year, I really wanted Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast when my sister and niece stayed over for the weekend. The only problem was, it was already breakfast time when I thought of them. So, I was inspired to make Cinnamon Biscuit Rolls instead!
Talk about one of the easiest breakfasts ever that still gives you the feeling of something extra special! So, the other night I needed a quick dessert when family came over for supper. Knowing how much my family loves caramel apples, I decided to make these Caramel Apple Biscuit Rolls.
Oh my heavenly days, are they spectacular!
And so easy!
You start by chopping a couple of apples and then cooking them in a skillet with a bit of butter and cinnamon. I added just a little bit of sugar to help caramelize the apples even more. I cooked the apples just a few minutes and they still had a bit of bite to them. Of course, you can cook them longer to soften them even more, if you prefer. That part is entirely your call.
I also left the peeling on my apples. Again, you can peel them if you like or leave the peeling on them.
But, whatever you do, just make these Caramel Apple Biscuit Rolls soon for someone you love. I promise, if they love apples and caramel, they will sing your praises.
Here’s my Caramel Apple Biscuit Rolls recipe. Hope you love it!
Caramel Apple Biscuit Rolls Recipe
- 2 apples cored and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 recipe Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 475º F.
- Cook apples, butter, cinnamon and granulated sugar over medium heat in a 12-inch cast iron skillet or saute pan until tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare Southern Buttermilk Biscuit dough as directed in instructions. Roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Spread cooked apple mixture onto dough and roll dough to form a roll, taking care to keep the roll tight.
- Cut the dough into 2-inch slices and place into a buttered 12-inch cast iron skillet or baking dish. Place in oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until cooked throughout and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with about ½ cup caramel sauce while hot from the oven.
- For serving, drizzle with additional caramel sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I am having a brunch for a family reunion. Could I make them, slice and put them in a pan and freeze for baking later? It would make for a show stopper addition!
Absolutely, Carol. xo