This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cheeseburger quesadillas have quickly become one of our favorite weekend treats. It’s easy to see why. Filled with steakhouse hamburgers, caramelized onions, a little salad, cheese, and a special sauce, they are filling and memorable! The best part? They taste a whole lot more complicated than they are to make.
My husband actually first requested that I make these cheeseburger quesadillas after having them for lunch with one of his friends at Applebees restaurant. I’m not sure exactly what all they have on their cheeseburger quesadillas, but this is what we are loving on them at our house!
First, I start by making steakhouse style hamburgers. I used ground sirloin for these, topped with a little bit of Worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning. It’s hard to go wrong with that combination.
Then, I started cooking onions to caramelize for these cheeseburger quesadillas. This only takes a few minutes, but the flavor is out of this world on these quesadillas.
Next, I buttered my griddle over medium heat and added a flour tortilla. I cut the hamburger patty in half, topped with the sauce and a few caramelized onions.
Next came a handful of spring greens, shredded colby and monteray jack cheese and another spoonful of that sauce.
Flip the other half of the tortilla over all of the stuffing and remove from the griddle.
When serving, I recommend cutting the tortilla in half to make it easier to eat.
These cheeseburger quesadillas are definitely messy, but oh they are so very worth it!
Here’s my Cheeseburger Quesadillas recipe. I hope you love it.
Cheeseburger Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 large yellow onion
- olive oil
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Make four hamburger patties from ground beef, depressing the center of each patty to aid in cooking. Place in a skillet over medium heat. Pour a few drops of Worcestershire sauce over hamburger patties and sprinkle with your favorite steak seasoning. Cook until juices run clear when hamburgers are pressed with a turner.
- Slice yellow onion into thin slices and place into skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil and cook until onions have turned lightly brown and are fork tender. Remove from skillet.
- Lightly butter skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place one tortilla onto skillet. Cut one hamburger patty in half and place onto one side of the tortilla. Then top with a spoonful of sauce, onions, ¼ of the lettuce, and a little of the shredded cheese. Top with another spoonful of sauce.
- Fold remaining half of tortilla over filling and remove from griddle or skillet. Cut in half for serving. Serve warm.
Use cooked portabello mushrooms instead of ground beef for a meatless option.
Add mushrooms to your cheeseburger quesadillas for added flavor.
Add a bit of jalapeno, slices of avocado and a dollop of sour cream for more of a Tex-Mex flavor for your cheeseburger quesadillas.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Cilantro Sauce from eatliverun.com
- Classic Quesadillas from simplyrecipes.com
- Frontera Grilled Baked Quesadillas from rickbayless.com