Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies Recipe make a festive and delicious cookie recipe that chocolate lovers adore! Perfect for a make ahead cookie recipe!
These chocolate dipped shortbread cookies make a welcome addition to any holiday cookie platter or just for making with your family. Based off my easy slice and bake shortbread cookies recipe, this chocolate dipped version is always a favorite!
To make them, I prepare and bake my slice and bake shortbread cookies as directed in the recipe. Then, as they are cooling, I prepare the dark chocolate and coconut oil for dipping the shortbread cookies.
You can use your preferred chocolate – either milk, semisweet, or dark chocolate or a combination of those. White chocolate is also delicious, but my personal preference is dark chocolate.
Once each of the cookies has been dipped, I then place it onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and repeat until all of the cookies have been dipped. Once the pan is full, I then refrigerate the cookies until the chocolate has hardened, about 30 minutes.
Here’s my Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies recipe. Make ’em soon! I think you’ll love ’em!
Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Chocolate for dipping
- 1 cup chocolate chips dark, semisweet, or milk chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil melted
- Prepare shortbread cookies according to Slice and Bake Shortbread Cookies Recipe. Allow to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled, microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl in 10 second intervals until the chocolate has melted and is smooth when stirred.
- Dip one side of each of the cookies into the melted chocolate and arrange on a clean parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened, about 30 minutes.