Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies are a chocolate lover’s twist on the classic peanut butter blossoms cookies that everyone loves!
For as long as I can remember, peanut butter blossoms cookies topped with a Hershey Kiss have been on cookie trays at parties, showers, and bake sales and especially throughout the holidays.
A little bit puffy with cracks along their edges, they have always been one of the cookies that I am the most drawn to. Understandably so, they have a whole lot going for them – peanut butter, chocolate, and cuteness galore!
I love to watch how different people eat these cookies. I’m one of those people that nibbles the cookie around the Kiss in the center and then pops it in my mouth as a reward for my restraint as the final bite! But Sam on the other hand, he just goes for it with big ole chomps out of the cookie right from the start! When I asked him why he ate his cookie that way, he said, “to make sure I get chocolate with my peanut butter.”
It was a bit of an aha moment.
Last Christmas, I decided that those little blossoms needed a little bit of an update for the chocolate fanatic in my house. Now, I think they are the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate in every single bite!
Here’s my Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies recipe. If you love chocolate as much as Sam does, I think you’ll love this version, too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar for rolling
- 48 chocolate Kiss candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars, vanilla, milk, and egg.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and cream with peanut butter mixture until just combined. Be careful to not over mix.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball and then roll in sugar and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart as the cookies will spread.
- Place in preheated oven and bake between 10 – 15 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven, press chocolate candies into the center of each cookie and allow to sit for about 2 minutes to cool before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.