This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies are a chocolate lover’s twist on the classic peanut butter blossoms cookies that everyone loves!
For as long as I can remember, peanut butter blossoms cookies topped with a Hershey Kiss have been on cookie trays at parties, showers, and bake sales and especially throughout the holidays.
A little bit puffy with cracks along their edges, they have always been one of the cookies that I am the most drawn to. Understandably so, they have a whole lot going for them – peanut butter, chocolate, and cuteness galore!
I love to watch how different people eat these cookies. I’m one of those people that nibbles the cookie around the Kiss in the center and then pops it in my mouth as a reward for my restraint as the final bite! But Sam on the other hand, he just goes for it with big ole chomps out of the cookie right from the start! When I asked him why he ate his cookie that way, he said, “to make sure I get chocolate with my peanut butter.”
It was a bit of an aha moment.
Last Christmas, I decided that those little blossoms needed a little bit of an update for the chocolate fanatic in my house. Now, I think they are the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate in every single bite!
Here’s my Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies recipe. If you love chocolate as much as Sam does, I think you’ll love this version, too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar for rolling
- 48 chocolate Kiss candies unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars, vanilla, milk, and egg.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and cream with peanut butter mixture until just combined. Be careful to not over mix.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball and then roll in sugar and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart as the cookies will spread.
- Place in preheated oven and bake between 10 – 15 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven, press chocolate candies into the center of each cookie and allow to sit for about 2 minutes to cool before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
These look so yummy!!!
I love that you made chocolate peanut butter blossoms!!
Great..look so yummy 🙂
Robyn, these adorable little things look so yummy! I love the crackle and the pretty sugar on top! Can’t wait to get my hands on these!
When I first saw these I couldn’t wait to try them, we are a house of chocolate addicts! I finally did Tonite and they are good! I do have to say though, I prefer my usual PB blossom recipe to this one for a few reasons. First I found these to be a bit fragile-the seem to just fall apart (maybe I did something wrong), second I didn’t find the dough to have very much chocolate flavor and third (and this I find with most PB blossom recipes except the one I use) they are a tad dry. All that said I don’t think this was a waste, I do like them just not something i would make again I think, thanks for sharing!
These cookies turn out delicious! Instead of rolling them into white sugar I rolled them in orange and black sprinkles so they look like little witches hats for Halloween!
I made these last year for the “big game” and have had multiple requests for the recipe. I will certainly bring them again this year because everyone loves these cookies.