Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Creamy Cauliflower Soup makes a delicious and comforting soup recipe without a drop of cream! The garlic, onion, and cauliflower are blended together to create a dairy-free, creamy cauliflower soup recipe that everyone loves!
There is just something downright magical about this soup! It makes one of the creamiest, most comforting soups that you’d swear it included tons of cream and butter to make it so. But, in reality, it doesn’t have a drop. Not a single bit.
I love that I can feel good about serving this soup to those friends and family who have dairy sensitivities or who are following a Paleo, Whole 30, or similar lifestyle. Light and absolutely luscious, this is one soup recipe that is always a favorite!
To make it, I drizzle olive oil into a stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. I then add my onion and garlic to the olive oil and cook just for about a minute before I stir in my vegetable broth and cauliflower. Then, I cover the pot and let it simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
Using my immersion blender, I blend until the cauliflower soup is thick and creamy and reaches the consistency that I am looking for. If too much liquid evaporated while the cauliflower was cooking, I add a little bit more vegetable broth until it is smooth and silky.
The garlic, onion, and cauliflower cook and then are blended together to make this incredibly creamy and delicious cauliflower soup that even those who aren’t huge fans of cauliflower enjoy. The flavors meld together perfectly with the vegetable broth to make this a soup that is perfectly balanced without the overly strong flavors of any of the three to be found.
While this soup is delicious anytime of the year, I think it is especially delicious as a starter for Thanksgiving. You can easily make it ahead of time to make your entertaining even easier!
Here’s my Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cleaned and cut into florets (about 2 pounds)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh chives, chopped fresh parsley, drizzle of olive oil
- Drizzle olive oil in a large pot set over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the olive oil and cook until the onions are just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and vegetable broth.
- Stir in cauliflower and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until cauliflower is very soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender and blend until smooth and creamy, about a minute. Stir in salt and pepper.
Prepare cauliflower soup up to 3 days ahead, allow to cool completely and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. To serve, simply reheat on the stovetop for about 5 minutes and then top with optional toppings as you serve.