I love simple, easy to make desserts using items I keep on hand in my kitchen. My recipe for Caramelized Bananas with Coconut Rum Cream is just one of those desserts. Ready in a flash and getting plenty of compliments from your guests.
Compliments like, “Oh yuuuum.” and “this is delicious” and my all time favorite, “Would you mind if I licked my plate?”
When you get compliments like that, you know you’ve knocked it out of the ballpark!
Here’s how I make it.
Caramelized Bananas with Coconut Rum Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum or coconut extract
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Whip whipping cream and sugar on medium to high speed with mixer.
- Pour in coconut rum and whip until the cream holds a stiff peak on the whisk.
- Melt butter in an iron skillet.
- While it is melting, peel bananas and cut in half and then split in half lengthwise.
- Add banana to the melted butter in skillet.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Allow sugar to melt and caramelize with bananas.
- Serve 2 pieces of banana per person with a generous dollop of flavored cream.
Be ready for requests for this dessert. You’ll get them often!