This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Eggs Benedict with Asparagus makes a delicious recipe for breakfast, brunch or even a light supper! It’s easy to make, yet so elegant and delicious!
This eggs benedict with asparagus recipe is one that I think you are going to love! So simple, it is absolutely perfect for a lazy brunch on the weekend or a quick supper during the week! I just love recipes like that. Don’t you?
We just got back from a trip to Florida where the sun was shining and the weather was absolutely gorgeous!
We made our annual trip down for Speedweeks in Daytona and let me just say, it was hard to leave!
The temperatures were in the 70s during the day and dipped into the 50s in the evenings – perfect weather for short sleeves during the day and making S’mores by the campfire at night!
And since it is rainy and stormy at home right now, I’m asking myself why we didn’t extend our trip just a wee bit longer! The weather had me in a fit of spring fever in no time flat!
There is just something about spring that always has me craving asparagus. And I guess since in my mind it was spring enough (ha!), I woke up with a craving for it AND eggs benedict!
I quickly ran through what groceries we had in the motorhome and by the time I was out of the shower and ready I had the recipe for this version all planned out! Eggs benedict with asparagus, that is!
Since I didn’t have English muffins in the motorhome, I just went without them. And to honest, we didn’t miss them one bit! Of course, if you want to include them, by all means do! I’ve included them in the recipe just in case!
For the asparagus, I quickly roasted it in the oven with a little bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. It was glorious just like that and right out of the oven, but when I topped it with the bacon, poached egg and hollandaise it became otherworldly delicious! It is just perfect for my spring-fever mood, too!
Here’s my Eggs Benedict with Asparagus Recipe. I sure hope you love it as much as we do!
Eggs Benedict with Asparagus Recipe
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 bunch asparagus cleaned and trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffins cut in half (optional)
- Hollandaise Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place bacon and asparagus on a fully rimmed baking sheet (edges on all four sides) that has been topped with a cooling rack. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus. Bake until bacon is cooked through and browned and asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to each indention of the muffin tin. Crack an egg into each individual indention, taking care not to break the yolk of the egg. Place in the oven along with the bacon the last 9-10 minutes of cooking.
- Place English muffins on another baking sheet. Spread with butter and place in oven at the same time as adding eggs.
- As your bacon, eggs, and muffins are baking, prepare your hollandaise sauce. Pour into a serving container.
- To assemble Eggs Benedict, place English Muffins on each plate (if using), top with some asparagus and one slice of bacon. Using a silicon spatula, gently remove a poached egg from the muffin tin, draining on a thick kitchen towel before placing on top of the bacon. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.