This blender hollandaise sauce is a quick and easy version of the classic hollandaise sauce recipe ready in 5 minutes with 5 ingredients! Perfect for eggs benedict, fish, and vegetables!
If you haven’t figured it out by now, I love simple recipes and shortcuts.
Like this oh so easy blender hollandaise sauce recipe.
Blender Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
Instead of standing over a bain marie to make the classic hollandaise sauce, I like to whip up a batch in about three minutes using this blender method.
The original written recipe goes back to the genius Julia Child and I’ve only slightly adapted it for our tastes.
How to Make Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
For blender hollandaise sauce, you’ll need:
- egg yolks – I recommend using pasteurized eggs for this recipe
- lemon juice – I like to use fresh lemon juice
- butter – this recipe uses salted butter since no other salt is added to the hollandaise sauce. If you prefer unsalted, you can add salt to the final hollandaise sauce or simply omit it.
- hot water – this helps to thin the sauce in the blender. If you prefer your sauce even thinner, add more hot water (by the tablespoon) until it reaches your desired consistency.
- cayenne pepper, optional
Add your egg yolks and lemon juice to the blender and blend until they become a pale yellow color, about 20 seconds. Meanwhile, melt your butter in the microwave and slowly pour through the hole in the top of your blender while the blender is on medium speed. You can use a clean kitchen towel to prevent any splatters as you are blending your sauce. Add your hot water and cayenne pepper, if you are using it.
Here’s my Blender Hollandaise Sauce Recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- 3 egg yolks pasteurized preferred
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- pinch of cayenne pepper optional
- Melt the butter in microwave or in a small pot over the stove. Allow the butter to begin to bubble, but not reach a full boil.
- As butter is melting, add egg yolks and lemon juice into your blender. Blend at a medium to medium high setting until the egg yolk lightens to a light yellow color. This will take about 20-30 seconds.
- Slowly drizzle the hot butter into your egg yolks while your blender is at the medium setting. Use a clean kitchen cloth to prevent any spatters of the hot butter onto you as you are pouring.
- Add hot water as a final step in blending your hollandaise sauce.
- If you prefer your hollandaise sauce a bit thinner, add hot water a tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition until the hollandaise reaches the consistency you prefer.
- You may add more lemon juice if you prefer more lemon flavor in your hollandaise, as well.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to final hollandaise sauce (optional)