This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Roasted asparagus makes a quick, simple recipe that makes a delicious side dish you’ll turn to time and again.
When I was a young girl, I hated asparagus. Literally hated it with a passion. My Mother would seldom fix it because we made such a fuss about it. Also, if you didn’t grow it in your garden, then it wasn’t as readily available at our neighborhood grocery store. It just wasn’t one of those items that the Jitney Jungle kept in stock.
Flash forward 30 years or so and no matter the day of the week, I can walk into my local Kroger, Publix, or Ingles and find a huge selection of asparagus. And you know what, it is one of my favorite vegetables.
There’s hope for children everywhere with that revelation.
It’s a fact that I hold on to dearly the nights that my son begs and pleads to pleeeeeease not have to taste the cauliflower or cooked cabbage.
But oddly enough, asparagus isn’t one of those vegetables he minds eating.
I think it’s all in how I fix it for him.
Here’s how I make it.
Clean your asparagus and then drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then place in a 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
Talk about quick!
Watch them disappear.
Here’s my Oven Roasted Asparagus recipe.
Simple Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 1 ½ – 2 pounds asparagus 2 bunches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean asparagus and snap bottom, woody stems off of the asparagus stalks.
- Place on a large kitchen sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lightly roll asparagus on the sheet pan to make sure well-coated with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if using.