Easy Air Fryer Squash recipe made with yellow squash and zucchini that is made with four simple ingredients and ready in minutes for a delicious side dish.
Summer squash makes a favorite side dish throughout the year, but especially during summer when it is in season. You will find it in abundance at the grocery store, farmer’s markets, and also growing in vegetable gardens. Squash and zucchini are fiber-filled vegetables perfect for roasting, sauteeing, steaming, and, yes, air frying! We love to use squash in so many recipes, from savory recipes like squash casserole to sweet recipes like zucchini bread!
This easy air fryer squash recipe uses just four ingredients and is ready in less than 30 minutes – start to finish! It makes a delicious side dish with many main dishes, from chicken and beef to pasta. It is also delicious to add to salads for a vegetarian-friendly meal.
Table of Contents
How to Make Air Fryer Squash Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Squash – you can use all yellow squash, all zucchini, or a mixture of the two as I have done in this recipe. Cut the fresh squash into similarly sized pieces for an even cooking time.
- Olive oil – I use extra-virgin olive oil in this recipe. You can also substitute with your favorite oil for cooking.
- Seasoning – I use Stone House Seasoning as the seasoning in this recipe. It is a house blend of salt, pepper, and garlic. However, you can add the seasoning that suits your tastes. At a minimum, I recommend using salt and pepper.
Preheat the air fryer and cut the squash in evenly sized slices or pieces. Add the cut yellow squash and cut zucchini to a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and seasoning.
Pour the seasoned squash and zucchini into the air fryer basket and cook until they are golden brown and tender at 400º F for 12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time to turn the vegetables. Refer to your air fryer’s instructions for the appropriate use of your air fryer.
For the Best Air Fryer Squash
Don’t overcrowd the air fryer! If making a large amount of air fryer squash, cook it in batches in a single layer so you do not overcrowd it. This will result in air fryer squash that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Ready to serve!
To make ahead. Cook according to the recipe instructions. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Use cold or reheat and serve.
To freeze. Cook and cool completely. Store in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 10 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions
For crispy vegetables in the air fryer, coat them with olive oil but be sure not to use too much as it will make the vegetables soggy. Additionally, make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer to allow good air circulation around the vegetables as they cook.
Yes! You can use sliced squash in this air fryer squash recipe. While I have used chopped squash, sliced squash works perfectly in this recipe!
Air fryers get very hot very quickly and vegetables can easily burn. Learn how your particular air fryer cooks and adjust recipes accordingly.
Here is my Air Fryer Squash Recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Air Fryer Squash Recipe
- 4 medium squash, yellow squash and/ or zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 400º F.
- Add cut squash, olive oil, and Stone House Seasoning to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Transfer the seasoned squash to the air fryer basket and cook until golden brown and tender, about 15 – 20 minutes. Adjust the cooking time based on your specific air fryer.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.