This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Funfetti Cookies are the perfect cookie recipe for celebrations and fun! So simple to make, funfetti cookies always bring a smile!
To celebrate my baby boy becoming a teenager today, I knew these funfetti cookies would be just the thing! The two definitely have a lot in common. From the bright colors reminding me of his bright and bubbly personality to the sweetness and tenderness they both have in their favor. But generally, when I think of the two of them, I immediately think of fun and celebrations. I look back on these years and know fun and my boy go hand in hand!
For these cookies, I start with my simple sugar cookie recipe that everyone just loves – Little Buddy especially! To that recipe, I stir in lots of sprinkles for a cookie that looks like it is just perfect for a big party! But seriously, wouldn’t they be perfect just to cheer you up on a rainy day, too?
If you are looking for a simple funfetti cookie recipe that folks go nuts over, then I think this might be one you’ll love.
Here’s my Funfetti Cookies Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Funfetti Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and sprinkles, making sure all is well combined.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1 1/2-inches to 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I haven’t made any ‘fun’ cookies in a while. It’s time to break out the sprinkles! Looks like a great one for the whole family! 🙂
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Happy Birthday to the birthday boy! I haven’t made funfetti cookies since I made them from the box in high school 😉 So glad to see a homemade version!
Happy Birthday to your son! These look like perfect cookies for a celebration!
Happy Birthday to your son. My sister-in-law loves all things funfetti. I’ll have to make these for her and I love that it’s a scratch recipe instead of using a box mix. Pinned.
Happy Birthday Buddy!!
Will definitely be baking these in the near future 🙂
How do you get your cookies so flat and all the same size/shape? Do you flatten them out at all?
I love these! They look so fun. Is it 1 cup butter plus two sticks?
It’s 2 sticks – which equals 1 cup. I hope you enjoy them! Thanks
Best cookies, can’t fault any recipes on your page.
Absolutely amazing 🙌
Thanks so much, Rose. I’m happy you enjoyed the funfetti cookies.