Funfetti Cookies are the perfect cookie recipe for celebrations and fun! So simple to make, funfetti cookies always bring a smile!
To celebrate my baby boy becoming a teenager today, I knew these funfetti cookies would be just the thing! The two definitely have a lot in common. From the bright colors reminding me of his bright and bubbly personality to the sweetness and tenderness they both have in their favor. But generally, when I think of the two of them, I immediately think of fun and celebrations. I look back on these years and know fun and my boy go hand in hand!
For these cookies, I start with my simple sugar cookie recipe that everyone just loves – Little Buddy especially! To that recipe, I stir in lots of sprinkles for a cookie that looks like it is just perfect for a big party! But seriously, wouldn’t they be perfect just to cheer you up on a rainy day, too?
If you are looking for a simple funfetti cookie recipe that folks go nuts over, then I think this might be one you’ll love.
Here’s my Funfetti Cookies Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Funfetti Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks butter), softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and sprinkles, making sure all is well combined.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1 1/2-inches to 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly browned.