Heavens to Betsy these are ah-mazing! I decided that since we’re officially into fall, our leaves are turning, we’ve had a couple of crisp autum-ish mornings, and it is October, that I really needed to make a batch of Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies. It’s just a thing with me.
But then, I decided I wanted to do something a little bit different with them.
You know those Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies that are so addictive? Well, I wanted to make something like that, but without the whole oatmeal part.
So, I whipped up a batch of the creme pie filling like I used with my Devil’s Food Whoopie Pies, put it between two of the cookies and then proceeded to snarf one down – all in the name of recipe testing, ya know.
It was magical.
Like the perfect cookie treat and honestly, it beats the socks off of those oatmeal creme pies I remembered.
If you like chewy ginger molasses cookies or something similar to a gingersnap, these are going to rock your world.
Here’s the recipe for my Chewy Ginger Molasses Creme Pies.
Ginger Molasses Creme Pies
Creme Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow cream
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Prepare Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies according to instructions.
- As cookies are cooling, prepare your creme pie filling by creaming together shortening and marshmallow cream until well-combined. Add confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, and milk. Cream on low speed for about 1 minute. If the filling is too thick, add a little bit more milk to make the filling spreadable, but still where it will hold onto the beater.
- Add one tablespoon of creme pie filling to the flat side of one of the Ginger Molasses cookies. Press a second cookie on top of the filling. Repeat until all creme pies have been assembled. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to help the creme pie filling firm more before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.