This marinated flank steak recipe gives you a tender, flavorful cut of steak that practically melts in your mouth. The secret is in the marinade and quick cooking time at a high temperature.
We love steak recipes at my house and it seems like we are always experimenting with different cuts, different marinades, different marinating methods, and ways to cook it. Lately, we’ve been all about this recipe for cooking this marinated flank steak. It turns out fabulous every single time. The best part? It couldn’t get much simpler to make!
Just three ingredients is all it takes to make a perfect marinade for this flank steak. It is made of balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and Montreal steak seasoning. That’s it! But, it is the perfect balance of flavors, sweetness, and acidity, in my opinion.
Here’s my Marinated Flank Steak recipe. I think you are going to love it!
Marinated Flank Steak Recipe
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon Stone House Seasoning
- Place flank steak in a glass or non-reactive flat dish. Mix together balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and pour over steak. Sprinkle steak seasoning on top of steak. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the dish with flank steak from the refrigerator and allow to sit about 30 minutes at room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to high heat. Brush with canola oil to prevent the steak from sticking. Place steak onto the grill or grill pan and cook on one side for about 3 minutes, until browned. Turn and grill the other side for about 3 more minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low or move the steak to a cooler area of the grill and cook another 5 minutes until the steak reaches medium rare, 130º F - 140º F. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil and allow to rest for about 10-15 minutes. Thinly slice and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
That steak looks absolutely delicious. Sounds like a great dinner for this week, pinned! 🙂
Can’t wait to try this, it sounds amazing!
I had the needed ingredients yesterday morning so I made it and wow! It was great!!
I can’t wait to try this but I’m wondering if this can be cooked in the oven. I don’t grill anymore. I love receiving your recipes and have many favorites now.
Looks insanely good!
I just wanted to let you know that I made this on the weekend. It was very flavorful and a big hit with my family.
Sounds good, I’ve never cooked flank steak. Thanks for telling me how! Pinning!!
My family thoroughly enjoyed this! Thanks so much.
Can this be made in the oven or on top of the stove?
Would love to know how to do it that way..
Excellent recipe. I didn’t have balsamic vinegar so I substituted balsamic vinaigrette instead, and it worked fine. I cooked it in a cast iron pan that was pre-heated to 350 degrees, and used vegetable oil to coat the pan. I found that I had to cook it for close to 20 minutes before the inside temp reached a minimum of 130 degrees in all spots. Next time I’ll take it out of the fridge at least an hour prior. I’ll also marinate it overnight, it should be even more flavorful.
Thanks for the recipe, and thanks for the stone house seasoning mix. Tasty!
Thanks so much Richard! Glad you enjoyed it!