These Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies are made with a dark chocolate cookie and all of the flavor you love from that favorite spicy hot chocolate drink!
I love a good cookie. I also love a big, warm mug of Mexican hot chocolate. Combining the two is a no brainer, in my humble opinion. Ha. If you are like me, you’ll definitely want to make these cookies soon. So simple to make, I love that they are a bit different from the cookies that I usually am making. They are perfect anytime, but are especially delicious in cooler weather with a mug of hot chocolate to go along with them. The flavors of the cookies are out of this world and make for a favorite on the cookie platter! It is also pretty fitting that I’m sharing this cookie recipe with you today of all days, since today Mama and I are in Cozumel on our cruise. We left last Saturday for a cruise to the Grand Cayman and Cozumel on the Carribean Princess and have been having a blast!
We’ve read, napped, shopped, spent time in the spa and eaten more than either of us could have imagined we’d have eaten in our lives! Did I mention we’ve napped? I do wish I’d packed a few of these cookies to bring along to share with our hosts for our excursion. I think they’ll deserve them after trying to teach us how to salsa dance! Talk about two left feet and no rhythm. That’d be us!
Here’s my Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookie recipe. I just know you are going to love them!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Cream butter then add sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well-combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, chile powder, cinnamon, and baking soda to butter mixture. Mix well and then stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet spacing well apart to allow room for the cookie to spread lightly.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.